New series of mini patch labels for vinyl or leather! These really kick your handmade goods up a notch!There are currently THREE different styles available Each set comes with a single and a multi design file, as well as a blank so you can add your own lettering!
Here's how to make them:
- Run placement stitches on stabilizer (I recommend cutaway stabilizer lately)
- Float a piece of embroidery vinyl to completely cover the placement stitches.
- Run the inner outline and the lettering in the colors you desire.
- You do not need a backing on these if you plan on attaching them to a bag or the hem of a garment or hat, but you may choose to back them with very thin felt or other non-fraying flexible fabric like Oly-Fun if you are concerned about the stitching showing on the back). If you choose NOT to back these patches, simply run the last steps, the final outline and the markings for attaching rivets. If you want a backing, float it on the back of your hoop and then run those final two steps (the outline and the rivet placement markings).
- Remove from hoop and trim out. I like to trim about 1/8" or 1/16" away from the edges to leave a nice border. Since you used embroidery vinyl these will not fray and no further treatment is necessary for the edges.
- Attach to your bag, cap, or other project with a small rivet. I'm currently loving these sweet star rivets that I picked up from the sewing notions department at Hobby Lobby, but these small round rivets really work well, too.
- That's it! Doesn't that really bring something extra special to your project?
We are good makers. We make good stuff.
I hope these help you add your own beautiful finishing touches to your wonderful handmade, hand-crafted and artisan goods!
Oh! And don't forget about the current 50% off sale when you use code TREAT in your shopping cart!
PS: Swing by the facebook group to see more great ways people are using these mini label designs!
Hi Cindy! Each design is separate, but each comes with a blank design in the set!
I am confused about the hand crafted, handmade artisan tags. Do you get all three words plus a blank?